I Stand For:
· Being fiscally responsibility to the taxpayer
· Eliminating wasteful spending on initiatives that bear no results
· Providing students with practical technology through fiscally responsible methods
· Ensuring every child is career ready regardless of their post-secondary plans
· Creating a strong education system that reflects a strong, positive teacher morale
· Treating all teachers and staff as professionals
· Ensuring all students have the right to learn in a nurturing, safe environment
· Developing qualified school and district leaders
· Supporting sound instructional practices that allow all students to learn how they learn best
I believe in the value of public education. That teachers should be supported and given the tools they need to do their jobs. I also believe that kids are individuals and should be treated as such, and taught that way as well. Accountability to parents and our students is paramount. With that comes fiscal responsibility. Priorities must be looked at and evaluated, because our first priority are the students we serve.
We must have happy engaged teachers, to have happy and engaged students. For far too long the wrong PC has been focused on. I'm not about political correctness, we need personal connections.